That awkward moment when you forget to celebrate your own birthday…
hahahahaha. *trails off into silence*
So here we are. Two years ago I (Ally) created this blog for me, wanting to talk about something I love; books. Then, only a few days afterwards, I realised I was missing something. Introducing Laurena and Melia, two of my best friends in life, and two of my best friends online. Together we built this blog up from the ground and ‘Ally The Reader’ became ‘The Immortal Readers’.
Though we obviously have trouble sticking to posting schedules, we really do love posting on here and every second of interacting with you guys is a blessing. Since we first started on the 12th of February, 2016, this tiny corner of the internet has come so far and all three of us are so incredibly proud.
Let’s take a look at what we’ve achieved over the years:
- We reached 300+ subscribers!
- This year, we hit ten thousand views
- All three of us got Arcs of ‘The Intuitives’ and read them for our book club.
- I (Ally) got the opportunity to interview Lynette Noni, author of The Medoran Chronicles which was the most amazing experience!
- We went to the Sydney Writer’s Festival and Ally got to high-five Amie Kaufman.
- I (Ally) attended both launches for Draekora and both launches for Graevale.
- Ally and I (Laurena) both wrote books. (More on this next Monday)
- Ally is working on a new writing project and is super excited to finish it! (Also more on this next Monday)
- We hit 1800+ on Instagram!
- We’ve also made so many incredible friends over the years and its been amazing getting to meet some of you in real life!
And so, so much more. Thank you all so much for coming on this amazing ride with us and we can’t wait to keep it all up for the year ahead!
Signing off until next Monday,
Ally, Laurena and Melia xx