Hello guys! Today I’ll be doing the unpopular book tag! In doing this, I strongly support my opinions and they in no way represent the actual books or characters.
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
I honestly hated the book series MATCHED By Ally Condie. I know that lots of people love this series and its a pretty popular series, but for some reason, I found the story line really weak and confusing.
2. A Popular Book or series that everyone else seems to hate but you love.
For this one, I would have to say THE SELECTION SERIES By Kiera Cass. I loved this series! It was actually one of my top ten favourite series, but sadly, most people don’t enjoy this series.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
(THE HEIR AND THE CROWN SPOILERS)
I had to think long and hard about this one, as I love all my ships (well, nearly all of them), and I decided that I don’t like Eric and Eadlyn from THE HEIR and THE CROWN. I just don’t like them together and I preferred Kile. That said, though, I loved the series and would totally recommend it.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
(FAULT IN OUR STARS SPOILERS)
This one would have to be… CONTEMPORARY NOVELS AND CLASSICS. I know that novels such as The Fault In Our Stars and Paper Towns are majorly popular but I find books like these are generally not enjoyable to read. Think about it: The whole point of The Fault In Our Stars is about a girl who has cancer and things happen. No dragons, no magic, no awesome femal assasins and no general plot apart from the fact that someone ends up dying first. This is my opinion, however, and I know that most people love contemporary. I have nothing against classics, just that the old language makes them really hard to fall into the character’s world, which is what I love to do when reading.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
*Mentally prepares self for hate*
I will be completely honest and just say it. I hate Evan Walker and find him condescending and a boring character. In all truth, however, Ben Parish isn’t that much better, but Evan is just annoying. His name should be Evan The Annoying. Yeah okay…
Evan: I never knew love until I met you, Cassie.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
And… for this one I will have to say John Green. I don’t see any point to his books and I can’t connect with the characters, but that is just me.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
One thing I am SICK of in books and has me throwing the book across the other side of room, is brutal deaths. Author: Well, I can’t kill the main character, so I’ll just kill off the tiny little girl. Cause THATS A GOOD IDEA! *Sarcasm.* Obviously Veronica Roth somehow missed this memo… Here’s a little letter:
Dear Authors, except for J.K.Rowling (She actually has a heart.)
NO IT IS NOT OKAY TO JUST KILL OFF ANY CHARACTER YOU LIKE.
Rue, Prim, Will (Divergent), Nehemia, Sam (TOG), Theresa and countless others.
I’m just saying.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
Never say never. (Unless you just did)
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
For this one it was a no-brainer- The 5th Wave movie was incredible! However, the book wasn’t inviting and I couldn’t get into it.
Thank you for joining me in THE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS BOOK TAG and I’ll see you next time! Please let me know if you agree or disagree with my opinions down below!!!